[PD] loading patches very slow in linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 17 10:23:05 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:36:15PM +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> I often work with huge patches, and I'm noticing that loading the same
> patch in Linux takes at least 10 times (this is not an exageration) the
> time it takes in Windows, though the linux box I'm testing on has better
> hardware.

One thing that can slow down loading of patches is the searching for
objectclasses in too many directories. At least we spotted this as
a source for slow loading on iOS.

Maybe your Linux box has more entries in the search path settings than your
Windows box? Check that and try to reduce the number of paths that are searched
for objects.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__