[PD] [PD-announce] deadline for the PdCon 2011 Call for Papers extended (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed May 18 01:20:10 CEST 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Pedro Lopes wrote:

> Also, kind of an odd question, but since I did not find any info on
> the subject I might as just well ask (risking to sound stupid):
> - how much is the registration on the PdCon2011?
> (I ask this since I found out that info regarding the 2007 edition:
> http://pure-data.artengine.ca/en/registration )

Note that in practice, the check for reduced registration was quite lax,
and as a result, very few people took full registration.

I don't have figures of how many people paid full registration, how many
people paid reduced registration, and how many people "volunteered" for 8
hours each instead. I know people who can answer those questions if it's
good to know.

BTW, 8 hours of "volunteering" in exchange of 50 $ fee equivalent is quite
below minimum wage, which was 8,00 $ back then, I think (it's 9,65 $ now).

BTW, 1 $ canadian was 0,69½ € back then, 0,72 € now.