[PD] [PD-announce] deadline for the PdCon 2011 Call for Papers extended (fwd)

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Wed May 18 02:27:56 CEST 2011

P.s./off topic: I think you dont want to know how low is the minimum wage
around here. Just open the news and you'll see how portugal is ina deep
financial mess, somewhere in the line of what happened to greece or some
other EU countries.

I like that volunteer concept, seems fare.

On May 17, 2011 11:20 PM, "Mathieu Bouchard" <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Pedro Lopes wrote:

> Also, kind of an odd question, but since I did not find a...
Note that in practice, the check for reduced registration was quite lax, and
as a result, very few people took full registration.

I don't have figures of how many people paid full registration, how many
people paid reduced registration, and how many people "volunteered" for 8
hours each instead. I know people who can answer those questions if it's
good to know.

BTW, 8 hours of "volunteering" in exchange of 50 $ fee equivalent is quite
below minimum wage, which was 8,00 $ back then, I think (it's 9,65 $ now).

BTW, 1 $ canadian was 0,69½ € back then, 0,72 € now.