[PD] Ubuntu Linux to Mac OSX Question

Funs Seelen funsseelen at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:58:37 CEST 2011

Hi Brian,

I'm on OSX now and just copied both text files to Textedit where I saved
them with UTF-8 encoding. I was able to open both with Pd-0.43-0 and
Pd-0.42-5 (except for the objects of libraries I haven't loaded).

2011/5/18 Brian K. Shepard <brian at studioii.com>

>  Other than the coordinates and order of objects, the only difference I
> see is on the line with “wave sinesum.” His version has “\;” after the
> coordinates, and my version has “:” after the coordinates. I tried changing
> that in his version, but still couldn’t get it to open.

 The ``\;'' is used in the broadcast-message. Yours with ``:'' will not work
there I believe, but that has nothing to do with the problem. The only thing
I could think of is text encoding, but I don't know anything about that,
except for that UTF-8 uses ASCII and adds a lot to it.

Funs