[PD] four PS3 Eye on Mac Pro and Pd-ext and GEM

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed May 18 17:58:00 CEST 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011, jack at rybn.org wrote:

> I'm going to work on a Mac Pro with MacOsX.6.7 and the latest stable
> Pd-extended 0.42.5. I would like to connect four PS3 Eye on this
> computer and use GEM with pix_video to read these four devices in four
> instance of Pd (=> one camera per instance of pd). I will use Macam
> driver (or something else ?) Is it easy to get each camera working in
> the same time on this system ? Do you have experience in this area ?

My experience with just one cam on OSX and Pd-extended 42 was that object
creation order mattered because each [pix_video] object automatically
opens the first available camera AND the "device 1" method didn't work.
So, to access only the 2nd camera, I had to create two objects and only
use the 2nd one.

using 4 [pix_video] objects for 4 cameras may work, but they will be
assigned by creation order.