[PD] pduino test patch: "old analog/digital controls"

olsen sesselastronaut at googlemail.com
Thu May 19 16:07:40 CEST 2011

ej m
i also noticed this during workshopping some time ago but it just got lost in the backyard of my brain...
nice that you mentioned it again!
i also had to enable analogIns through the "old analog/digital controls" subpatch or "analogIns X 1" message.
in the arduino-help.pd there's a toggle for this but strangely enough also here you've to send enable "analogIns X Y"
the first time you connect the arduino!
hans maybe add the enable "analogIns X Y" message to arduino-help.pd.

best

On 05/18/2011 01:39 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the Pduino test patch ("arduino-test.pd") there is a subpatch called "old analog/digital controls".
>
> This includes a series of toggles which send the message "analogIns X Y" (where X is the analog pin to enable/disable
> and Y is either 0 or 1).
>
> With the version I'm testing (which is Firmata 2.1 on an Arduino Duemilanove) those messages are actually needed in
> order to get the analog inputs to work.
>
> Maybe those messages aren't needed with Firmata 2.2? That would explain the "old" in the subpatch name.
>
> Thanks
> m.

ETs DNA will not be televised
http://hasa-labs.org