[PD] Where to find comprehensive documentation about Firmata

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat May 21 16:24:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

This is probably slightly OT, but I am using Pduino and I guess some of
you can help me find complete documentation about Firmata, especially
about how the StandardFirmata firmware is expected to work.

For example I was looking for the details of how the "set pin mode"
message works, and I've not been able to find them. At arduino.cc I only
found the reference of the Arduino's pinMode() function, while at
firmata.org the most I could find was:
  * set pin mode(I/O)     0xF4              pin # (0-127)         pin
state(0=in)

without even a list of existing pin modes.

I guess there must be some documentation somewhere that explains the
semantics of each Firmata message and how exactly the StandardFirmata
firmware is expected to behave in response to each message...

Thanks
m.