[PD] opengl performance on osX ; Re: four PS3 Eye on Mac Pro and Pd-ext and GEM

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sun May 22 09:10:35 CEST 2011

> Yep, of course, you have to choose 'no effect' in 'Appearance' to get
> best frame rate. MacOSX should have this option too.

I haven't used it in a while, but OSX probably still has these options scattered
around the place, like choosing whether or not to 'animate' various actions,
choosing to auto-hide the dock, choosing transparencies in various places .. but
not a single switch and some things are not accessible directly by the GUI but
are all settable via CL so a script to turn all off would be straightforward, or
use third party preference setting apps to do it for you if unix style CL stuff
is not for you - I remember something like 'onyx' was a good one of these.

Simon