[PD] CVs

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Mon May 23 05:09:55 CEST 2011

----- "Chris McCormick" <chris at mccormick.cx> a écrit :

> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 01:37:19PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> chemistry
> of
> >>
> >> I am not convinced they are different in the case of things that
> "we
> >> can't perceive ... from the physical world."
> >
> > All this to be able to cleverly claim « Santa Claus really
> exists » with
> > a big satisfied grin on your face ? ;)

> I'm not being smug. I think it's a mistake that very intelligent
> people make in dismissing things that are "just ideas". For some
> reason people think that ideas are something independent of the
> physical world, but they are not. Ideas physically occupy people's
> brains and make people change the world.

 Brain thinking could be stimulated by indices that would relate something similar with the idea whenever it exists or not.

 People that claimed they have discovered licorns used to cut narval's horn to get a proof of their discovery, they were playing with ignorance,
it was certainly easier to do that during antic greece, before they used to get rhinoceros horn when african, asian, and indonesian wildlife weren't very popular in europe.

 They also weren't used to scientific method which is nowadays very famous for determining if something is part of reality.

 We can imagine many different kinds of new animals, some also have been modelized since a long time through sculptures,
we know that almost all those weird animals are not and have never been real.