[PD] CVs

Bryan Jurish jurish at uni-potsdam.de
Mon May 23 09:21:30 CEST 2011

moin Patrice,

On 2011-05-23 05:09, Patrice Colet wrote:
>  We can imagine many different kinds of new animals, some also have been modelized since a long time through sculptures,
> we know that almost all those weird animals are not and have never been real.

To pick a much-overused example, is the sentence "Pegasus is a flying
horse" true or false?  Or do we need to ditch the principle of
bivalence?  What the heck does "Pegasus" refer to anyways?  Clearly, we
can all parse the sentence and assign it some kind of semantic
interpretation, and no one here is claiming to have actually perceived
any airborne equines recently, but I think there's more going on here
than can be adequately described by "so-and-so-many synapses in
these-and-those brains dumped so-and-so-many neurotransmitters of
such-and-such a chemical composition into their respective synaptic gaps
ions"... to put it bluntly, how `real' is fiction?  Maybe that's what
you were getting at in the first place; apologies if I'm beating a dead
horse, airborne or otherwise ;-)

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at uni-potsdam.de           -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology