[PD] [OT] map vs territory (was Re: CVs)

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:02:10 CEST 2011

On 23/05/11 12:21, Chris McCormick wrote:
> Bryan and I took the other conversation off list so as not to bore people. I
> would be quite happy to do that here as this is very OT!

Well ... I for one am enjoying the conversation, and there are a few regulars on
the list contributing.

The thread was started as a theoretical question about CV in digital synths, and
a dispute with an engineer ... which was about discrete v continuous quantities
and where one or the other was used in practice. Counting numbers, real numbers,
complex numbers and the representation and interpretation of them is on-topic
for that question. And for pd in general, I think.

Simon