[PD] pduino "open" message from right outlet

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Wed May 25 02:07:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

In arduino-test.pd in the [pd info] subpatch there's a [route open ...].
When is [arduino] expected to output such an "open" message? I thought
it would do it when the connection is open but that doesn't happen.

I've noticed that if you send a message such as pinMode to [arduino]
after sending it the "open" message, it will be ignored, so you have to
wait until the connection with arduino is actually established.

How can you detect when this happens? (I mean have the patch detect it).

Thanks
m.