[PD] [PD-announce] completion-plugin new version

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 27 17:12:17 CEST 2011

You have to compile Pd against Tcl/Tk 8.5 to make it work with 8.5.
If you use Snow Leopard/10.6, then it has 8.5 included.  Just make
sure whatever version you install, it puts the Tcl.framework and
Tk.framework into /Library/Framesowrks, then the build will use it.

.hc

On May 17, 2011, at 8:16 AM, Scott McCoid wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> Can you explain how you got this working on OS X? I've downloaded
> tcl 8.5, but I'm a little unclear on what you did.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:11 AM, Rich E <reakinator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah I got it working from Miller's git repo, its nice!  I'm sure it
> will make programming in pd much faster once I'm used to it.
>
> Still, does anyone know how to update to tcl 8.5 when using a
> precompiled binary version of pd?
>
> Cheers,
> Rich
>

> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Rich E <reakinator at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd love to try this out but I'm using Pd-Vanilla, and so tcl 8.4.
> Whats the easiest way to get pd on OS X to look at my copy of tcl
> 8.5?  I installed it in /usr/local/bin via ActiveTcl... I was hoping
> not to have to compile for source but oh well.
>
> cheers,
> Rich
>

> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 4:19 AM, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> that's great. don't know if you want to, but I would suggest to copy
> another useful max feature: when you click on a send or receive
> object (the same for their audio versions), a pop-up comes up
> listing how many other objects exist using the same variable, and by
> clicking in any of these objects it takes you to the patch where
> they are.
>
> João
>
> hi
>
> I rewrote autocompletion-plugin which is now called 'completion-
> plugin'.
>
> there are some cool new features:
>
> - new GUI (inspired from desire-data)
> - added an option file
> - auto-creation of completed objects (via Return key)
> - added a 'save_mode' so pd remembers keywords for send/receive/
> table, etc..
> - added a nearly-bash-completion mode
> - completions update as you type
>
> there is a video demo there:
> http://vimeo.com/23557543
>
> you can grab the code there:
> http://github.com/gusano/pd_stuffs/tree/master/gui-plugins/completion
>
> requirements:
> - pd-0.43
> - tcl8.5
>
> I could test it on linux and osx only.
>
> OSX note:
> there are some focus problems with tcl8.5 (x11), but not with tcl8.5
> built with aqua support.
>
> as usual, bug reports are welcome ;)
>
> cheers,
> _y

> --
> Friedenstr. 58
> 10249 Berlin (Deutschland)
> Tel +49 30 42020091 | Mob +49 162 6843570
> Studio +49 30 69509190
> jmmmpais at googlemail.com | skype: jmmmpjmmmp

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra