[PD] [PD-announce] completion-plugin new version

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon May 30 20:02:53 CEST 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 3:22 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-05-27 17:12, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> You have to compile Pd against Tcl/Tk 8.5 to make it work with
>> 8.5.  If
>

> hmm, but 0.43 is not compiled against any version of tcl/tk but uses a
> tcl/tk interpreter found on the disk.
> or is this some special trick with how the binary is started on OSX?

The Pd.app is actually the wish program (i.e Pd.app/Contents/MacOS/Pd
== /usr/bin/wish).  So I misspoke when I said compiled.  But if you
have a Pd.app that includes the 8.4 Wish then it won't really work
with 8.5 Tcl/Tk frameworks.

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque