[PD] OCR with PureData : This is a Question

Alvin Google alvin.oslvn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 12:44:04 CEST 2011

  Hello All .
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with an abstraction or
some built in process being able to handle character recognition on any
platform. I mostly interested in running a test on Linux Ubuntu. What I
would like to do is have PD react to marks or characters being picked up
by a webcam. I suppose the web-cam would have to capture an image
(pixvideo, piximage) and pass that to an ocr engine and then read a text
string from the application to be processed by PD in one way or another.

Any help of pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Alvin