[PD] Gem build problem on Debian amd64 testing (wheezy)

Lorenzo Sutton lsutton at libero.it
Sun Jun 5 23:58:20 CEST 2011

I'm trying to compile Pd-extended 0.42.5 with the autobuild scripts but
it fails with Gem with the error:

In file included from pix_video.cpp:18:0:
../Pixes/videoV4L.h:43:29: fatal error: linux/videodev.h: No such file
or directory

Googling suggests that this is related to kernel update removing the
linux/videodev.h file (which I imagine is also the reason for which Gem
and pddp are not in testing).

Currently I've installed (hopefully) the pd-related packages (0.43), but
I do miss some of them. More in another email on the topic.

Lorenzo.