[PD] -nogui = no audio

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jun 7 05:57:43 CEST 2011

Try starting Pd with 'pasuspender', something like:

pasuspender -- /usr/bin/pdextended -alsa

.hc

On Jun 4, 2011, at 12:43 PM, Pedro Lopes wrote:

> Then you should definitely try to isolate issues, trying without
> pulse audio, gui vs. no-gui, and so forth.
>
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Peter Sinclair <petesinc at nujus.net>
> wrote:
> I had tried that but, it turns out that it seems to be something to
> do with pulse audio, when I switch it off in startup applications
> everything seems to be fine. I've no idea why it would have anything
> to do with gui or nogui!
>
> Thanks for your response
> best
> Peter
>

> On 4 juin 11, at 18:33, Pedro Lopes wrote:
>
> Have you tried that old technique where you delay the start of the
> audio a bit?
>
> like
>
> loadbang
> |
> delay 2000
> |
> your dsp toggle.
>
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Peter Sinclair <petesinc at nujus.net>
> wrote:
> Hi I just switched from ubuntu 10.04 to mint (which is supposed to
> be more or less the same but lighter), since ubuntu refused to run
> headless on the fit-pc2 which I'm using. I'm running Pd extended
> 0.42.5 Everything is fine except that if I run pd with the -nogui
> command the audio gets stuck on startup. Does anyone have any
> experience with this?
>
> Thanks
> Peter
>

> Peter Sinclair
> petesinc at nujus.net
> http://petersinclair.org
> http://nujus.net
> http://locusonus.org

> --
> Pedro Lopes (HCI Researcher / MSc)
> contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
> website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes / http://pedrolopesresearch.wordpress.com/
>  | http://twitter.com/plopesresearch
>
> Peter Sinclair
> petesinc at nujus.net
> http://petersinclair.org
> http://nujus.net
> http://locusonus.org
>

> --
> Pedro Lopes (HCI Researcher / MSc)
> contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
> website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes / http://pedrolopesresearch.wordpress.com/
>  | http://twitter.com/plopesresearch

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne