[PD] Concerning the Spiritual in Code

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jun 7 19:23:10 CEST 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> two notes: - - would you mind providing the LICENSE as an ordinary
> LICENSE.txt, or at least provide the source code for the PDF?

The license does not matter. The whole software infringes on my copyrights
for no-op programmes. ;)

The identity function is quite useful in the following circumstance :
suppose I make a box [foo bar], where bar is the name of an abstraction,
which is instantiated inside [foo]. The point of doing this is to use
[bar] as a modifier for [foo]'s behaviour, without having to create [bar]
"manually" outside of [foo]. Then if you don't want to use a modifier, you
specify a class that does "nothing". This would usually mean one [inlet]
and one [outlet] connected directly, though there are some other patterns
involving extra unconnected [inlet]s and other stuff.