[PD] RJDJ,sceneplayer & Xoom

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Jun 8 07:34:18 CEST 2011

Hi Patrick,

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 08:33:39PM -0400, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
> I would like to make an RJDJ scene that takes advantage of the screen real estate on this new Xoom tablet I have been fooling around with.
> I have been successful with getting a few of Peter Brinkmann's test patches & libpd built for Honeycomb3.1, but I noticed that when I run Sceneplayer that the patches are written for iphone/droid sized screens.
> Does anyone have any caveats or pointers on how to go about making the size of the patch larger before I begin?

Unfortunately the RjDj scene format is hard coded to 320x320 pixels as far as I know. I think their voyager app stretches to the bigger ipad screen but it does not run on Android.

> Also I assume fiddle is available in RJDJ, yes? I mean RJDJ scene are pretty much only limited by the stuff inside of vanilla? Correct?

I am pretty sure [fiddle~] is included but probably someone from RjDj will know this better than me. I think I was corrected on this point on the noisepages forums - I was telling people it was not included when it actually is.

> Are there any plans to get GUI items like Grid perhaps working inside RJDJ?

I can't speak for future plans of the RjDj team, but I know that it's possible to manually construct some GUI elements by using [rj_image] and touch events. I have built basic buttons, sliders, and radio boxes like that which I should upload somewhere, however I stopped work on that and started coding PdDroidParty when that became too tedious.

Basically PdDroidParty aims to implement all the basic Pd GUIs and maybe some others like grid and also scales to any screen size including tablets. My main motivation for starting this code was because the RjDj/ScenePlayer projects do not cover my use-case of wanting to run Pd patches on any screen size without having to fiddle around with building GUIs out of rj_images.

I have also added patching instructions to the homepage for you!

<http://mccormick.cx/projects/PdDroidParty/>

Sold?

Cheers,

Chris "hijacking your thread for self promotion" M.