[PD] RJDJ,sceneplayer & Xoom; RJDJ scene question!

Joe White white.joe4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:53:01 CEST 2011

> From: Peter Brinkmann <peter.brinkmann at googlemail.com>
> Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:39:43 -0400
> To: Joe White <white.joe4 at gmail.com>
> Cc: pd-list <pd-list at iem.at>, Chris McCormick <chris at mccormick.cx>
> Subject: Re: [PD] RJDJ,sceneplayer & Xoom
>

> Hi Joe,
>
>  * The app faithfully implements all features of the iPhone app that were
>>> publicly documented last summer, including rj_image, rj_text, sensor input,
>>> etc.  There have been a few additions since (scaling and rotating text, I
>>> think); those will be easy enough to add when I see the new specs, and I'm
>>> not aware of any scenes that require them.  In short, a properly written
>>> RjDj scene should look and behave the same for both versions.
>>>
>>> How do you want the spec Peter? As a Pd patch showing how to use it? I'm
>> going to update the help patch for [rj_image] in the RjLib, would that be
>> useful?
>>

> Ideally, I'd like to have a list of all externals and their messages,
> including an explanation of the meaning of parameters (e.g., units, origin
> and orientation for coordinates and angles, etc.), as well as test
> scenes/help patches and maybe videos of how it looks and behaves on an iOS
> device.  Realistically, updated help patches would probably be enough to get
> me started.

Yeah, a few months ago we tried to parse the RjLib so that we could create a
documentation page on the site. We ended up making .cfg files for each
object as we struggled to parse the netlist with python. It kinda got put on
ice as development has gone a bit crazy. These files are still available if
you checkout the 'help_gen' branch from the RjLib git repo.

Otherwise this page - http://blog.rjdj.me/pages/pd-utilities - has most of
the information needed to get started with making scenes, including some
templates. If there is anything you think needs improving I'd love to know
:)

 This is really cool Peter. Thanks for you all your work! I don't know about
>> Martin, but I don't think many of us in the company are that update with the
>> Android development - being that we all have iPhones :)
>

> You're welcome!
> Cheers,
>      Peter
>
> Cheers,