[PD] How to dynamically choose which image to use as texture in a shader (or, understanding tex units and texture id's)

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 22:09:23 CEST 2011

On 06/10/2011 09:20 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> However, there can only be up to 4 texunits available (maybe 8 on some
> platform)!!!!! So this would only work for M and N <4 which is not my case.

Errr....... it seems that's not true. I still don't understand how
texunits work but I've tested the abovementioned approach with 9
textures and it worked.

However, curiously enough, if I try the following:

[gemhead]

[pix_image]

[pix_texture]

[square 4]

and I send [pix_texture] a "textunit N" message, it stops showing the
image at N=4.

Does anybody know why?