[PD] Sort and init objects

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 17 16:33:32 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 02:11:20PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
>
> >It seems to want a list-drip?
>
> Get the whole list-abs library. Recent versions (since about two
> years) include my accelerated [list-drip] (formerly known as
> [list-drip-quick]).
>
> It's not the fastest, but it's the simplest of the fast ones.

If you get the newest [list]-abs now, you'll also get a new [list-sort]
which now uses the fast data structure sorting method, replacing Michael
Seta's very first [list-sort] implementation. Inside it requires
[list-rdrip] which is a simplified version Matju's [list-drip] stripped
of the reordering, so it "drips" a list in reverse order, which is a
little bit faster again. (As we resort the list anyhow, the drip-order
doesn't matter.)

All in all it doesn't compare to Zexy's [sort] yet, because it drips and
then rebuilds a list with the slow [list prepend]x[t a] idiom, but all in all
it's already pretty okay.

Ciao
--
Frank