[PD] Another arduino weirdness

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:04:55 CEST 2011

On 06/17/2011 05:29 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

>> Ohhhhhhhh, it may be relevant (though I don't directly see how) that
>> when I test on Windows I do it through a virtual machine (on a linux
>> host which is the one on which i test it in Linux).
>
> Yes I think that is relevant. I just tried it on WinXP and at least that
> part works properly.
> (arduino duemilanove / firmata2.2 / Pduino-0.5beta8)

Well I've tried again with a _real_ windows (I mean no virtual machine),
and the following happens:

- with a Dumelilanove, the arduino resets every time I open the
connection from Pd ("open" message to [arduino])

- with a UNO, it doesn't.

I guess the difference is due to the difference in drivers rather than
in hardware, as in Linux both boards behave the same way (they both
reset when you open the connection).