[PD] pd crashed

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:06:26 CEST 2011

On 06/17/2011 07:37 PM, Cody Loyd wrote:
> pd crashed while I was saving a large patch.   now, when I open that
> patch, about a third of the objects are gone, and ALL of the
> connections.  what the heck happened..

In my experience Pd crashes quite often when I save. In some cases, it
crashes _before_ it saves the file, so any change I've made since the
last save is lost; in some other cases, it crashes just _after_ saving,
so the changes are saved.

It never happened to me that after such a crash I got a corrupted patch
or that I loose any object that were present the previous time I had
saved the patch. I don't know whether it is your case. Maybe the objects
that are gone are those that you had added after the last-but-one save
and before the save that triggered the crash.

 > and am I totally screwed or can
> I fix it.

If that is the case, I'm afraid there's no fix :(