[PD] (OT) is reading files from an NTFS filesystem in linux 30 times slower than ext4?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 22:45:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

After a whole day spent trying to find the bottleneck that makes my
patche so tremendosly slow to load in Pd under linux, I found out that
if I load them from the native linux filesystem (an ext4 partition) they
load about 30 times faster than when I load them from my NTFS partition
which is where I usually keep all my data.

Outside Pd I had never noticed an abnormal slowness in reading data from
that disk, and though I did expect NTFS to be slower in linux I am
surprised the difference can be so huge. Is it so, or may there be some
issue specific to Pd?

Thanks
m.