[PD] Pd performance at TED

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jun 21 15:03:18 CEST 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> It's not about having cables or not, it's about claiming to have
> discovered the "future". quote from his video read "we MAKE the future".

Ah, well, when you were complaining about the cables, you see, I thought
you were talking about the cables.

> It is simply wrong to state something like that on a TED video with such
> performance.

Ah, I'm also annoyed by such claims, but I don't know what I'm supposed to
be expecting from TED... I don't know what it's supposed to stand for (in
terms of concepts ; I don't mean the letters TED)

> > What's a ??technological parody????

Your email programme is destroying all my nonbreaking spaces and my
doublequotes. (I use Unicode UTF-8.) For example, the six question marks
above are, in order, openquote space, space closequote space questionmark.
(It happens in some other situations too)

> But since you mentioned it, my equipment is: 1_ composed of one mic, one
> circuit and a common soundcard. Not the same amount of devices used in
> the TED video.

Sorry, I probably misremembered it, confusing it with another perf video I
watched at a similar time or that sounded similar.

> 3_ I couldn't even play the pre-recorded sounds of the same gestures,
> 'cause gestures are different every time I perform. And therefore people
> will really notice. That's in the design.

Ok.

> Do you usually write statements that you don't want to stick to?

What does it mean to stick to ? There's a big difference between
statements that I would contradict, and statements that I wouldn't be
continually trying to prove by the most minimal of means just to make the
point more obvious.

> How can I know? that's why we are discussing here.

I was merely agreeing with you by saying something similar.

>>> Please, correct me if I'm wrong. But I saw a lot of loops playing on a
>>> timeline and some solos parts possibly produced through the mouthpiece.

>> Aren't we so unsure??

> You use too many negatives, made me confused :)

But I ain't no non-negative !