[PD] pix_film ignoring alpha channel on Mac OS

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jun 21 15:58:14 CEST 2011

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> On Mac OS, pix_film seems to ignore the alpha channel of videos encoded
> with the Apple Animation codec. It works fine on Linux (same patch, same
> video files), but on Mac OS transparent pixels are displayed as opaque
> black. I have already sent [pix_film] the "colorspace RGBA" message.
> Is there a way to get it to work on Mac OS too?

I think I recall that you can get it with GridFlow, but if ever you don't
get it with the default decoder, there's another one that you can specify
explicitly.

[#in stuff.mov] vs [#in quicktimehw stuff.mov]

or

"open stuff.mov" vs "open quicktimehw stuff.mov".

I think one of the two will work. But my actual experience is by decoding
4-channel PNG videos... I just don't remember which way I did it, on which
OS(es), etc.