[PD] Videos don't loop smoothly on Mac

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 07:25:25 CEST 2011

On 24/06/11 00:13, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've found out that on Mac OS, pix_film doesn't loop videos smoothly, that is,
> every time you jump from the last frame to the first, a little delay occurs.

It's been a long time since I did it, and I don't have a mac to test on, but I
recall that there are settings you can make to the file, then save, which solve
this. The 'full' paid quicktime player could make and save the changes to the
.mov file in the GUI, but you could also do everything through scripting. Maybe
just set the file to loop automatically so that quicktime does the work for you.
There was also an option to buffer some frames. It was certainly possible to
loop smoothly.

Sorry I can't add more detail here, but I don't use OSX much any more.

Simon