[PD] get console messages within patch

Mirko Maier mirkom at gmx.de
Fri Jun 24 12:09:36 CEST 2011

Hey IOhannes,

thank you, but could you please explain it a bit more in detail? I am not a complete newbie, but not so much into the pd-list speak. I searched in the list for the question, but there was no comprehensible solution shown...
It's on pd extended 0.42.5 on Win XP.

best
mirro

> Hi list,
>
> I wonder if there is a possibility to receive console messages within a patch. Could be helpful, for instance, when there is a certain error that should immediately trigger a reaction.
> Thanks for advice.

i guess there are some answers for that in the archives.

the simplest is probably still
$ pd -stderr 2>&1 | pdsend 9999 localhost udp

and then have
[netreceive 9999 1]
listen for your output.

fgmasdr