[PD] PPA for libpd?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jun 25 17:59:52 CEST 2011

Cool, I think this then means that libpd bindings for python, etc. can
be also packaged up.  Once this package is ready, I'm happy to take it
thru the Debian submission process via pkg-multimedia and get it into
Debian.  Or even better, you can easily do it yourself via pkg-
multimedia and start the process of becoming some kind of Debianista
(Debian Maintainer or Debian Developer).

One detail about which files go into which git repo: libpd.pc should
definitely be in the official libpd repo, but the debian/ files
generally should not.  They key part is to not include the debian/
files in the official tarball.  But packaging is much easier if the
upstream tarballs are imported and everything is done in the git-
buildpackage workflow with 'upstream' and 'pristine-tar' branches.

.hc