[PD] Webcam not working in Gridflow on Ubuntu

Stefan Donchev malakse4ko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 19:39:06 CEST 2011

I'm trying to get my webcam working in Gridflow 9.12 under Ubuntu 11.4. It
works with GEM, not with Gridflow.

GEM gives the following output in the Pd window when I open pix_video:
[pix_video]: video driver 0: video4linux2 v4l2
[pix_video]: video driver 1: video4linux v4l
[pix_video]: video driver 2: ieee1394 dv4l dv

When I open the #camera help patch, I get the following output in the Pd
window:
print: symbol sdl
error: constructor: ioctl VIDIOCGCAP: Invalid argument
error: constructor: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
camera supports palettes :
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCGWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCSWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCGWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_colorspace: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
request use of palette 15
error: _0_colorspace: ioctl VIDIOCSPICT: Invalid argument
error: _0_colorspace: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
print: symbol videodev
error: contrast: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
error: colour: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
error: brightness: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
error: hue: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
error: whiteness: ioctl VIDIOCGPICT: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCGWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCSWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCGWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCGWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCSWIN: Invalid argument
error: _0_size: ioctl VIDIOCGWIN: Invalid argument

Changing the settings for #camera does not help.

Does anyone have any suggestions what could keep the camera from working
with Gridflow when it does work with GEM in the same installation of Pd?

Ste