[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jul 6 04:32:33 CEST 2011

On Jul 5, 2011, at 9:29 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>

>> Yes, magic glass and nlet highlighting came from l2ork, plus a 64-bit
>> patch from Albert Gräf:
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3312794&group_id=55736
>>
>> .hc
>
> Cool! You may want to check out the test of the l2ork c code as it
> has quite a number of other stability fixes and improvements
> including a definitive double-entry bug fix, better object resizing
> to accommodate nlets, proper reordering of nlets when moving nlet
> objects inside patches, a definitive fix for all known gop bugs,
> just to name a few.

I ended up refactoring the magic glass and highlighting code quite a
bit, I think there might be something worth checking out.  As for
other bug fixes, it would be great to have them in the patch tracker
so we can sort them out.  It would take me a massive amount of time to
figure out what code changes are for what in pdl2ork since there isn't
any version control (that I could find at least) and it seems to be a
mix of 0.42 and 0.43 versions.

.hc

> Cheers!
>

>> On Jul 5, 2011, at 7:26 PM, ico at vt.edu wrote:
>>
>>> Nice to hear about some progress in these important areas. BTW, did
>>> you merge vanilla MagicGlass and nlet highlighting or the one from
>>> the pd-l2ork? I ask this because vanilla implementations of both of
>>> those have a number of issues, including unnecessary cpu overhead
>>> and potential instabilities.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Ico

>> News is what people want to keep hidden and everything else is
>> publicity.          - Bill Moyers
>

> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
> Composition, Music Technology
> Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
> Director, L2Ork LinuxLaptop Orchestra
> Assistant Co-Director, CCTAD
> CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
> Virginia Tech
> Department of Music
> Blacksburg, VA 24061-0240
> (540) 231-6139
> (540) 231-5034 (fax)
> disis.music.vt.edu
> l2ork.music.vt.edu
> ico.bukvic.net

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs