[PD] OT: emails to the list / SMTP servers / SPF record

errordeveloper at gmail.com errordeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 23:29:46 CEST 2011

András,

Firstly, I cannot see this being relevant to anyone on the list.

Secondly, from my personal experience SPF doesn't help very much -
you will need DomainKey and that need to be setup in the MTA.

My personal solution to all mail delivery issues is to use Google
Apps with my domain name. If your SMTP server has potentially or
really bad reputation (spam history, shared hosting, home ISP IP) -
the chances that your mail arrives at gmail/hotmail/other are
terribly unstable. I know this from my work experience at a shared
hosting company.

The solution to this is to have private IP on a private host or
use gmail/hotmail/other.

Cheers,
--
Ilya