[PD] GOP Rendering Issue

Christian Haines christian.haines at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Jul 7 04:10:13 CEST 2011

Thanks. I have added a comment to that bug report.

I note somewhere else on the list suggested using a kind of 'whiteout' approach by moving a white canvas over the the offending items prior to resizing - after resizing the canvas 'looks' ok. In short, visually this solves the issue, but if you do this overlapping other objects / GOPs etc then they suffer from the rendering issue by getting whited out.

That's part of the workaround.

To resolve the issue completely (at least visually) I have a receive object in each GOP abstraction which acts as a global message bus to all GOPs. This bus is connected to a namecanvas send and sends a vis 0 and vis 1 message to turn the (and each and every) GOP's visibility on/off.

There is probably a more elegant solution .. which I'll post when/if I figure it.

Best

--
Christian Haines

Lecturer / Co-Director
Electronic Music Unit

Elder Conservatorium of Music
University of Adelaide
South Australia  5005

Ph: +61 8 8303 3799
Fax: +61 8 8303 4423
Email: christian.haines at adelaide.edu.au
Web: http://emu.adelaide.edu.au
          http://music.adelaide.edu.au
Study: http://emu.adelaide.edu.au/study/
Location: Schulz Building, Level 5 , 5.13

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.