[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 19:06:34 CEST 2011

--- On Thu, 7/7/11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features
> To: "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 5:33 PM
>
> On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:39 +0200, "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> > > I ended up refactoring the magic glass and
> highlighting code quite a
> > > bit, I think there might be something worth
> checking out.  As for
> > > other bug fixes, it would be great to have them
> in the patch tracker
> > > so we can sort them out.  It would take me a
> massive amount of time to
> > > figure out what code changes are for what in
> pdl2ork since there isn't
> > > any version control (that I could find at least)
> and it seems to be a
> > > mix of 0.42 and 0.43 versions.
> >
> > It's based off of 0.42.6 extended tree. As for
> submitting patches, I've
> > been doing this in the past. Alas, a good number of
> them never got any
> > attention which is not very encouraging.
>
> If you look at the patch tracker, and filter on Closed
> ones, you'll see
> which ones get accepted.  Most do.  It takes a
> lot of time to review
> patches, so if they don't cleanly apply and build, then I'm
> not really
> likely to pursue it much further.  I've tried figuring
> out patches like
> that in the past, and it just takes too much time to try to
> figure out
> what's wrong, etc.  and it doesn't speak well of the
> patch if it doesn't
> past the first hurdle.
>
> .hc

bugfix 3127123 Closed
bugfix 3110267 Open, no comments, no assignees
bugfix 3109768 Open, and I added a new comment (Note: the comment I added
is fixed in Pd-l2ork)
bugfix 3108513 Open, no comments
* bugfix 3106837 Open, comments
bugfix 3106799 Open, comments, bug still exists (Note: fixed in Pd-l2ork)
bugfix 3102512 Open, comments
patch 3077431 Open, comments, I emailed the cyclone author to ask if he's
ok with Ico's improvements...
patch 1670440 Closed, accepted

If any of these didn't apply cleanly and didn't build, there's no comment
indicating so.

-Jonathan