[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jul 7 21:00:40 CEST 2011

Now that's you have your own fork going, I think the whole process
should be a lot easier.  Running Pd-extended made the patch process much
easier for me.  Having an active fork means that you can develop new
fixes and features, then test and use them, and go back and fix them.
Then once a bug fix and/or feature is really nailed down and well
tested, then that's the time to submit it to the patch tracker.  Unless
its a simple, critical bugfix, I rarely submit patches from Pd-extended
before they've been included in a test release and therefore tested by a
bunch of people.

Yes, submitting good patches definitely takes a lot of time, but it
saves everyone time in the long run.  I've submitted one quarter of the
patches in the tracker, so I think I've got a pretty good idea of how
much time it takes to submit patches ;-)

.hc