[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Jul 8 03:05:36 CEST 2011

> commented: Looks worth including, but with GOP bugs, I'm currently
> waiting to see what Miller is going to do with GOP restructuring before
> tackling this stuff.  I still don't really have a grasp of the GOP code,
> so I don't know what the repercussions of GOP-related patches are.  From
> my experience, one little simple fix causes some weird behavior
> elsewhere.

I have no idea how Miller approaches reworking things. However, if I
were the one doing it, I would prefer reworking a working rather than a
buggy code. Wouldn't it make sense to stabilize existing code with
patches like these until we know it works as-is and then clean it up and
reimplement based on *working* code? AFAIK (as I mentioned before)
pd-l2ork's implementation is as close to fully working gop as it gets.
Apart from the GOP bug reported recently and for which I provided a fix
that will be easy to re-implement, I am unable to reproduce any other
buggy behavior I am aware of and that is apparent in pd
vanilla/extended.

Best wishes,

Ico

Best wishes,