[PD] PdDroidParty v72

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sat Jul 9 04:33:09 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 05:14:03PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Chris McCormick wrote:
>
>> PdDroidParty is libpd under the hood, which is vanilla Pd. Basically
>> anything which works in Miller's Pd should work in PdDroidParty
>> (although not every GUI is fully emulated yet, and there are
>> restrictions on patching style - you have to use send/receive instead
>> of directly connecting GUIs).
>
> Do you mean that it's doing something different than just -nogui in
> vanilla ?
>
> AFAIK, there are no differences between the g_*.c files in libpd and
> those in vanilla.
>
> But I do remember seeing that GUI classes in ZenGarden were just throwing
> away all messages they received. Perhaps you are thinking about this ?

What I mean by "not every GUI is fully emulated yet" is that my Android/Java code, which draws an emulation of the tcl/tk GUIs of the built-ins on the device, does not have coverage of every object yet and does not have coverage of all features of the objects that it does emulate.

The built-in GUI objects from g_*.c are still running in "-nogui" mode exactly as they do in vanilla Pd.

Cheers,

Chris.