[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jul 9 07:11:31 CEST 2011

On Jul 7, 2011, at 5:14 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> [...]

That is correct.

>>> bugfix 3109768 Open, and I added a new comment (Note:
>> the comment I added
>>> is fixed in Pd-l2ork)
>>
>> donno, haven't reviewed
>>
>>> bugfix 3108513 Open, no comments
>>
>> patch out of date, applies to 0.42 but not 0.43
>>
>>> * bugfix 3106837 Open, comments
>>
>> commented: Looks worth including, but with GOP bugs, I'm
>> currently
>> waiting to see what Miller is going to do with GOP
>> restructuring before
>> tackling this stuff.
>> I still don't really have a
>> grasp of the GOP code,
>> so I don't know what the repercussions of GOP-related
>> patches are.  From
>> my experience, one little simple fix causes some weird
>> behavior
>> elsewhere.
>>
>>> bugfix 3106799 Open, comments, bug still exists (Note:
>> fixed in Pd-l2ork)
>>> bugfix 3102512 Open, comments
>>> patch 1670440 Closed, accepted
>>>
>>> If any of these didn't apply cleanly and didn't build,
>> there's no comment
>>> indicating so.
>>
>> I haven't necessarily had time to review everything,
>> nagging and poking
>> me is perfectly appropriate if you think I should review
>> something.
>
> Ok, but it's not really a solution, because the time I have to nag
> and poke is probably about the same amount that you have to review
> stuff.

That's just one option.  You could also maintain your own fork/branch
and accept these patches yourself.  That's another option that seems
to be working for Ico.  I fix things that affect my work because I see
them. I try to do as much as I can otherwise, but like you say, time
is limited.

The problem with forks is if improvements don't migrate upstream.
Then we don't benefit from sharing the fixes.  Making things migrate
upstream takes time in itself.  Try getting a patch into the Linux
kernel, that'll make Pd seem like cake ;-)

.hc