[PD] Comport can't read serial devices when soundcard is plugged in

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:37:52 CEST 2011

Hi all!

After having had to deal with a "bug" in pduino (see Arduin is drivin me
mad), i wrote a small sketch for the board and a patch using comport. It was
working fine until i decided to actually try it with my audio patch.
It turns out that my external USB soundcard prevents comport from working
properly. It can't open the arduino board, and can't event detect serial
devices ("devices" yields an empty message in the console). As soon as i
unplug the soundcard, everything works fine again.

I think i'm beginning to realize that a lot of things have to be taken care
off, and i know that my patch and sketch are way to simple to take this kind
of issue into account (i wish i could switch back to Pduino and firmata).

So my question is : is this behaviour normal, or is it bug in comport?

Thanks!

Pierre