[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jul 10 16:57:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Ignacio Aguirre wrote:

> wow, sad to read no 64-bit builds of gem on os x yet... think i will
> still use 0.42.5 with no problems for me :)

Can the 32-bit QuickTime API work at all in 64-bit mode ? It could explain
some things... I remember that Apple designed some things as if 64-bit
would never happen, and then when was the time to support 64-bit mode,
they came up with a new QuickTime interface that is very much different
and won't run on OSX-10.4.

As a result, a different GEM component would have to be written to support
the new QuickTime. Correct me if I'm wrong. No, two of them, one for the
movie files, one for the cameras.

I'm not saying that this is what prevents Gem from building at all... I'm
not talking about that kind of problem. But to get a full 64-bit release,
much of QuickTime support code has to be rewritten.