[PD] reorg of puredata.info/docs/developer

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jul 10 17:05:33 CEST 2011

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> One goal for me is to make it easy enough for all Pd users to write
> their own GUI plugins. Honestly, I think we can make GUI plugins replace
> the idea of preferences.

Don't overestimate the users' capacity to (or will to) deal with Tcl
syntax. Chances are that they will be editing such files for the first
time in their lives and will need a Tcl tutorial to get going. Then they
will only do the most basic things.

Most prefs are only simple data such as someflag=1 or bgcolor=#0055aa.