[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 updates: lots of new editing features

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 11 06:23:37 CEST 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 12:01 AM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> [...]

Yes, addmess() is class_addmethod().  No need for a special function,
class_addmethod() would do it.

> I mean, what happens in Max if the user happens to send the message
> "assist" to an inlet?

Yeah, that would claim the message 'assist' in all objects.  I just
did a quick survey of all objects in the pure-data SVN. None of them
use 'assist'.

.hc

> -Jonathan
>
>> The Max GUI sends
>> the 'assist'
>> message to an objectclass when you hover above an inlet or
>> outlet,
>> then its up to the objectclass to implement a function
>> which copies
>> the text into a provider buffer.  Then the Max GUI
>> displays that text.
>>
>> I guess we might as well just copy the interface of
>> Max/MSP.  It seems
>> very Max/Pd-ish, and straightforward.

>> when it

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone."  --Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++)