[PD] pdcon.org off and spammed

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Jul 11 16:08:06 CEST 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> http://convention07.puredata.info/ (Montreal)
> is an alias for art-engine.ca, which still runs, but unfortunately
> ceased to do anything meaningful with requests for this side, so we only
> get an "intentionally left blank" page

What are you talking about ?

It should get you to a directory listing in which you have «fr» for the
french version and «en» for the english version.

(as well as 3 other folders you shouldn't go into directly)

and people would pick one, but if you get a blank page instead, there's a
much bigger problem to be dealt with beforehand !

> http://convention09.puredata.info/ (Sao Paolo) is a redirection to
> pdcon.org (since i couldn't persuade anybody to setup a VirtualHost
> configuration on their webserver that would accept requests for this
> address); since pdcon.org is now expired and now offers nonsense, the
> convention09... url does the same.

do you have the IP address of the former pdcon.org ?

> as for sustainability of the old websites, i _can_ offer hosting static
> exports of the websites once the events are done (and make them
> accessible under the above links) anybody interested please understand,
> that this offer can only be made - for _static_ sites (self contained
> HTML-exports! absolutely no database backends! no PHP! everything
> running on Apache. only transient ssh access to the host until things
> are running) - - for small sites (anything less than 100MB or so)

Artengine does that too (obviously, as pure-data.artengine.ca alias
convention09.puredata.info) but it could also happen for a pd convention
site much bigger than 100 MB.