[PD] list-quicksort and list-drip

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 12 03:14:40 CEST 2011

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> 2. I just saw list-drip from pd-extended (I work with vanilla). Is
>   there any reason, why it is so complicated? I have always used the
>   attached list-drip, which I made a couple of years ago. Can someone
>   comment on that? I'm just trying to make sure my object doesn't
>   screw up in some corner cases... (although it hasn't failed on me
>   yet ;-)

list-abs used to contain your kind of list-drip, until 2009.

The thing is, your kind of list-drip takes an amount of time proportional
to the square of the number of elements, whereas my kind of list-drip
takes a time proportional to the number of elements.

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-02/068306.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-02/068316.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-02/068326.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2009-02/068339.html

It's also possible to make a tiny external that runs a lot faster than
that. For example, GF's [foreach] already does.