[PD] Tone-Cluster Patch anyone?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jul 12 04:01:34 CEST 2011

Have you seen the 200-voices demo patch that's part of the 'many'
lib?  That's 200 samples being play at once, you can do a lot more
voices on a current computer.

http://puredata.info/community/projects/software/many

.hc

On Jul 11, 2011, at 7:55 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion wrote:

> Hi y'all.
> I tried my hand at making a tone-cluster patch similar to Akihiko
> Matsumoto's http://www.youtube.com/user/akihikotube#p/u/23/
> g5d0kodosl8. I think my initial problem is that I would like to
> access all frequencies, not just those in the chromatic scale. Also,
> it seems to me that I would need one oscillator per note, which is
> ridiculous if you want to make something isn't that CPU intensive.
> Looking at it again it seems that he could could be using a random
> number generator to send values to [mtof] and using a single
> oscillator and reverb to hold the notes. If anyone has any ideas
> please let me know, I'll keep trying an post my results.
>
> P.S. I also tried contacting Akihiko to ask him about the patch but
> no response.
> --
> www.epicjefferson.com
> www.avmachinists.org Puerto Rico based Art Collective/ Non-Profit Org

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie