[PD] route - pack issue

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jul 13 17:18:16 CEST 2011

On Jul 12, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>
>> Many thanks for this contribution! I will add this to pd-l2ork.
>> However, shouldn't also route output bang when having an empty list?
>
> Should pd's message system leave this responsibility to each
> individual class ? If it does, problems like this will pile up
> endlessly, as new externals introduce similar problems, because the
> message system makes it easy to create such problems.

How do you propose fixing it, Matju?  It seems like the type system
should automagically handle this but perhaps it might cause issues for
external writers.

"We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York Senator
Diane Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage
bill