[PD] MinGW + Eclipse + MSWIN helloworld

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jul 14 23:15:50 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:44 -0400, "Martin Peach"
<martin.peach at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On 2011-07-14 13:15, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, luca paganotti wrote:
> >
> >> mingw32-make pd_nt mingw32-gcc.exe -shared -lm -lkernel32 -lcoldname
> >> -lcrtdll -Lc:/Programmi/pd/bin -lpd -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops
> >> -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror
> >> -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -mms-bitfields
> >> -Ic:/Programmi/pd/src -o helloworld.dll helloworld.c
> >>
> >> so I'm using the -shared linker option and -lpd dowsn't mean that I'm
> >> linking against the pd dll?
> >
> > Well, yes you are, but there's something else that I don't know about,
> > probably about the visibility of the names you are supposed to get from
> > PD.DLL ...
> >

> Maybe adding "-Wl,--enable-auto-import" to LDFLAGS is necessary as well.
> It's in the template makefile. See auto-import here:
>
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/compile.html
>
> It should be possible to import from either pd.lib or pd.dll. On MSVC
> you need the pd.lib.
>
> Also add -L"path/to/pdlib" to LIBS.

Except for CC=gcc, the current template Makefile is used directly to
build the libraries included in Pd-extended.  So as far as I know, as
long as the right files are in place, then the template file should
'just work' on MinGW.

I supposed we should add CC=gcc in the MinGW config section of the
template Makefile.