[PD] MinGW + Eclipse + MSWIN helloworld

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 09:51:31 CEST 2011

Hi Hans,

> Perhaps Eclipse sets CFLAGS or LDFLAGS, which is overriding things in
> the Makefile?

I double check my eclipse configuration and this doesn't seem to be the
case.

I must admit that I'm working with my development box which is rather
confused, at the moment, and probably my environment is not so plain and
simple as I have a lot of stuff on it, I should try with a fresh
installation may be on a virtual machine if I have time to do it ...

Eclipse is really doing some strange things:

when I build the clean target this is the result:

**** Build of configuration Default for project mycobject ****

mingw32-make clean
del  ./mycobject.o  ./mycobject.d  mycobject
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, del ./mycobject.o ./mycobject.d
mycobject, ...) failed.
make (e=2): Impossibile trovare il file specificato.

mingw32-make: [clean] Error 2 (ignored)

first, the del command tries to delete mycobject.d in place of mycobject.dll
?????
second the CreateProcess call fails issueing a 'file not found' and this is
right as i tried to issue the same command on the command prompt and I get
almost the same result:

C:\dev\c++\pd-externals\mycobject>del  ./mycobject.o  ./mycobject.d
mycobject
Opzione non valida - "mycobject.o".

the previous command returns a not valid option message due to the fact that
the forward slash is interpreted a switch selector for the command.

try then this

C:\dev\c++\pd-externals\mycobject>del  "./mycobject.o  ./mycobject.d
mycobject"
Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato.

--> file not found

If i run the same command as:

C:\dev\c++\pd-externals\mycobject>del  "./mycobject.o"  "./mycobject.d"
"mycobject"

now myobject.o is deleted, the other two file do not exist.

> About this template, it is oriented around making libraries, so that
> includes the meta file for marking the folder as a library.  Setting it
> up is simple:
>
> - rename the template folder to the name of your library
> - rename template-meta.pd replacing 'template' with the name you just
> used for the folder
> - edit Makefile and put the library/folder/meta name in the first
> variable, LIBRARY_NAME
>
> Now you can set library meta data in the meta file, things like version,
> authors, etc.
>
> .hc

To test it I have made minimal changes i.e. folder name, LIBRARY_NAME, and
template-meta (all = mycobject) and it is working from mingw shell.