[PD] MinGW + Eclipse + MSWIN helloworld

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:21:20 CEST 2011

> Perhaps Eclipse sets CFLAGS or LDFLAGS, which is overriding things in
> the Makefile?

I got it.

eclipse is joking ...and i'm trusting it ...

I added the pd library in the project properties in the Libraries tab using
the Add... button and then the File system ... button and eclipse added this
line in the list of libraries:

C:\Programmi\pd\bin\pd.lib

but then it calls mingw ld command passing to it exactly *
-lC:/Programmi/pd/bin/pd.lib* and so ld complains saying:

cannot find -lC:/Programmi/pd/bin/pd.lib

and ld is right as the -l switch should be -lpd.

Defining the library as *pd* and not as *C:/Programmi/pd/bin/pd.lib *allows
eclipse to finish the build creating the mycobject.dll file ... sorry it was
my mistake ....

Still having troubles with the *clean* target and with surprise also with
the *showsetup* target --> eclipse complaining that there is no rule to make
target 'showsetup'  ....